Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 36 - Back to YouTube

Entering my first proper day of fasting and so far feeling pretty good. It feels a lot better starting in the evening as I then sleep and wake up to have already made it through 12hrs of the fast! At this point I am more than 18hrs through... leaving 30hrs remaining. I am drinking pretty vast quantities of water which is working well to suppress my hunger although I suspect that will only take me so far.

It is weird being in the SBO office without either Jackie or Mimi around, it feels a lot less accommodating and warm. I guess it's just something I will have to get used to about this office, there is a lot less 'spirit' here than in the London office, it makes it feel a lot like NYC - nice to see you but I have work to do so you sort yourself out kind of attitude.

I had debated stopping at MTV on my way back to play board games but I realize that while I am on this fast I am not good company and am liable to be irritable if gaming so I figured that as Diego is out tonight, I would head home and watch a few movies before having an early night...

First up was Paths of Glory... a fine example of the absurdity of war and World War I in particular. I am not sure it really deserves to be ranked so highly though.

ParaNorman was next up and after the disappointment of Coraline, this film was pretty good. Not very funny for the most part it had similar vibes to '9'.

No comments:

Post a Comment