Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 37 - Fasting continues

It is really rather sad and pathetic just how much joy can be gained through experimenting with different temperatures of drinking water. I have found today a lot harder than yesterday. The smell of food which didn't bug me yesterday is now driving me nuts... and strangely giving me a headache. At lunchtime I ended up going for a walk to get away from the smell of food from everyone eating at their desks. I wandered around the nature trail that sits between Charleston and Steirlin Court and in the process wandered past Sergei who was coming in the other direction. Being so used to being in a remote office, it is really really strange to just encounter them on the street...

Getting within 2hrs it became really hard to focus on anything except the void in my stomach. Water was no longer doing the trick at suppressing my hunger. I was waiting for a query to finish running and knew that there was other stuff I could be doing but simply couldn't focus on what it might be. I was also really restless - wanting to get up, sit down, wander around, listen to music, not listen to music... it is really very disconcerting. At the end of it all though was the group dinner! It wasn't anything special - a standard dinner service with some 'hungry' android cupcakes.

Getting home I decided to return a the DVDs I watched last night and pick up a few more... and got a little carried away and took out six more! I now have a stack of nine to watch... well I introduced Diego to Grosse Pointe Blank so now only 8! A lot of them are easy watching so it shouldn't be hard to get them all watched.

Ok so I kinda feel that these blog entries have rather lost direction, interest and insight... I will try and do better and write something more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment