Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 40 - The big four oh

Well I am now rapidly approaching the half-way point of my rotation and I am now focusing on shifting my priorities both inside and outside of work. I spoke a bit on this yesterday - particularly looking into improving my spiritual side and mental health / happiness. Since writing that post I have been thinking more about it and I realize I try and do too many things at once. I have already cut out the watching multiple things at once, reading multiple things at once and it has helped a lot. I want to try and focus on my writing over other things. At least for a few weeks - get the first couple of chapters written up so that I can send them to Sof for illustration.

My Jawbone UP is being temperamental at the moment with the step counting being weird. I am REALLY hoping it isn't broken because I am using it a lot and think I will be lost without it. I am gonna try the rice trick followed by a series of resets tonight to hopefully fix it.

Tonight's Movie in the Park is The Lorax, a film I have seen and wasn't particularly keen on so instead Diego and I decided to skip it and watch movies at home.

First Up: Food Inc. a film that I have been wanting to watch for quite a while. It is interesting that this movie is so US centric and in a way both explains why I have noticed so much weird stuff out here (how long food lasts here, why things taste so weird) but at the same time I suspect that a lot of the issues are still affect the UK although maybe to slightly lesser extents. I also found it interesting that they managed to keep focus, there was no easy slides into advertising, governmental corruption. They avoided talking about how meaningless the term organic is these days, especially in the US where USDA and the FDA are more toothless than a basking shark.

Next: Tinker, Tailor Soldier, Spy - I have been curious about this remake for a while as it is such an all star cast but I heard relatively little about it when it came out. It's a solid film with good acting but too long and convoluted for mainstream appeal (or a sleepy Dev to follow all the time...).

No comments:

Post a Comment