Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 57 - End of the World

Seeking a friend for the end of the world is one of those movies that has gotten me thinking. Never a good thing but it made me realize how lucky I had been. I have friends I would go to any length to be with come the day of judgement. I am sure you know who you are. The family, my oldest friends and then a few people that have meant a lot more to me than I think I ever meant to them. I guess everyone has regrets, but as I said I am lucky.

There are many flaws with the film, it wishes to see the best in people, to see the values upheld. The realities I imagine as the end of the world encroaches is a descent into anarchy, the rise of fear, violence, crime and abuse. A world where the strongest and most depraved seek out their most depraved fantasies at the expense of everyone around them. Then again, maybe I am just being a pessimist. I know however that when it comes, I would want to be with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment