Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 42 - (W)rite on!

Sundays always kick off to a good start when there is a D&D Session to kick things off. Today we didn't make a whole lot of progress but we got to level 2 and rebuilt our characters for the latest version of D&D Next. Another session next week should be good as we get to try out our new characters.

After the session I headed up to Redwood City for another Shut Up and Write meet up. A completely different crowd at this one and although the coffee shop was horrible, the group was nice and I had a really productive writing session.

Getting back to the flat, I had intended to get to the Library, return some DVDs and watch Gran Tourino... instead I fell asleep... but hey ho. I eventually got up was able to go through the training video for the course I will hopefully be running shortly! I still have a lot of preparation to go through but should soon be up and training others in Crafting Strategies... nope that's not a joke, that really is what I will be training people in.

Now that I have done the job of reciting my day's activities - intriguing, meaningful and entertaining insights... well ok so I am rather lacking in that department today (and most other days admittedly). The CalTrains that I took today seemed to be older models than the ones that I had been on previously were a lot like the french TGV - two complete decks - upper and lower. The ones today had a really strange interior design. The lower deck was exactly as you'd expect from a train - a central aisle with double seats to either side - a mix of facing and in line. The top deck was really intriguing however. Rather than a proper deck, it was more of an open balcony around the downstairs central aisle with a small shelf above the central aisle. There are only single seats around the outer edge of this upper balcony. Yeah I know deep and insightful huh? Those crazy Americans and their kooky train designs... sigh I got nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment