Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 52 - Will progress bear fruit?

Today has been a pretty hectic and stressful day. I am starting to realize that I have a lot to do. A lot of unexpected deadlines approaching quite rapidly and I have been far too lazy of late. Just keeping track of all the things I have coming up is pretty intimidating. On top of that I have quite a few extracurricular things happening, colleagues visiting, David coming up, a gTech team event, giving my first training... all of it together means I am going to be a busy bee for the next couple of weeks. As a result I will be posting shorter blog entries that will doubtlessly be rather mundane but I will try to ensure that I do at least keep it daily.

I was thinking today about the power of story telling. I have been listening to a few short stories on Podcastle including http://podcastle.org/2013/07/31/podcastle-271-nightfall-in-the-scent-garden/ which was a very sad story about foolish decisions and the toll of unrequited love. On the flip side I have recently been listening to the BBC dramatizations of Asimov's Foundation series. It is not that they are soulless, but very precise, very intellectual but missing heart the effect is that I end up thinking about the mechanics of the story and finding faults that I would never look at in a more emotive story.

No comments:

Post a Comment