Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 54 - Staying Up Beat

I have tried to stay up beat in this blog, focus on the good or at least being funny rather than just down or unpleasant but the last few days have made that really difficult as the workload piles up on both for my old role and this rotation. I am getting stuff dropped on me for immediate action with no notice or consideration of the work required. Spent today hammering Excel whilst listening to an Instant Mix on Play Music. One of the songs that popped up summarized things pretty well:

Summer's gone,
I over slept and woke up to the chill of fall
Over worked
And now I'm all used up.
- Tv trays by Death Cab for Cutie
So David is up to visit and I am being a shit host because I am so swamped with work, my book is in need of TLC that I can't afford to take time out to attend to & LotR:LCG has arrived and is just sat taunting me because I don't have time to play it.

Dev is stressed and wants to go back to just having one job.
On the plus side I get to go to my first ever Raiders game today! It's only a preseason but I am still really hyped about it. I will post this early as I doubt I will have enough energy to post after the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment