Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 55 - The Raiders suck... the fans rule!

So yesterday evening I took David to his first ever live American Football game. I think he enjoyed it. The Bears walked all over the Raiders... so I wasn't happy. Especially as it didn't really feel like the Raiders were trying too hard with Flynn and McGloin both getting more field time than Pryor our only real Quarterback and the team playing such a running centric game that by half time the Bears had given up all pretense at guarding the Wide Receivers... not that it mattered as Pryor is the only one that can throw a completion and he was nowhere to be seen. It was a great experience despite the lack of gusto from the team. Raider's are known for their fans and the Raider Nation was out in force. A Sea of Silver and Black spread out across the Coliseum with as much noise and fervor as any soccer fans. Raiders fans are known for bad behavior but I can't say we experienced anything more than some pot smoking and a little ribbing of the Bears fans sat in the home stands.
I wandered into town to return some DVDs and I was thinking about the imbalance of power in the US. I know that Europe has imbalance with pay and work but that's nothing on the US. A country that basically lives on the servitude of non-natives too desperate to be able to have a chance at a better education for their kids whilst they guarantee their own life long servitude. This country is leaching off the desperation of the less fortunate, whist asking individuals to spend pennies to assuage their guilty and legitimize this modern day slavery.
I got up today to do some fun filled work thanks to my rotation mentor while David headed into SF with Diego. I got a lot of work done before totally zoning out and trying out LotR: LCG which was excellent. I fielded the Tactics starting deck against the Passage through Mirkwood. The Tactics deck is very combat focused but getting progress tokens is really tough. I got lucky on the card draws and made it through to the final part but waiting for the final card when a load of location cards came up it was too hard to get the progress to survive.
In the evening we sat down to watch Seven Psycopaths which starts out really slow but the self-aware almost 4th wall breaking demented weirdness totally pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment