Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Day 51 - YouTube Takeover

Another day in the YouTube offices and as I have expressed several times before, these really do me the world of good. I love being able to catch up with the rest of RSO. Today was especially awesome as Jackie and Andreas are both in town so I got to catch up with them, which was part of the reason for moving it from my usual Monday slot. What I didn't know is that several other folks I new from various offices were also in town so it was great to catch up with everyone!

In the end I was able to have a brain wave and get a substantial breakthrough with my queries but with all the distractions in the office I didn't really get to implement it until I got home. 4 hours later and I am half done and the attempt to take shortcuts has rather backfired. I will have to try and get it all sorted tomorrow. I will need to consult with some of the others. I think being so lax on Friday and Monday is going to bite me in the ass.

In other news, ideas for my other blogging project are firing away and I should have little trouble getting the next two or three blogs written in advance which will help a lot as I suspect the next few weeks will be hectic.

As I worked this evening, I had Planets 51 on, another of the ever growing reel of low budget CGI movies that use formulaic story and witty lines along with rather bland graphics to create short, entertaining children's movies with a bit of a nod and a wink to the parents in the audience. This one reminded me a lot of Hoodwinked, the same low level graphics and the endless references that are done in varying levels unsubtle. Despite this rather harsh description, I enjoyed it a lot. I love all of these movies and I think this one is a fine example. It is just a matter of viewing it in the context of the budget and style.

No comments:

Post a Comment