Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 49 - Late to the party

*So I forgot to post this last night*

Got up far too early this morning to play another D&D session. I loved it but I think we got sidetracked a little too often. After that VCed with Pixie for a bit which was great. I then headed out to the Library to return a couple of DVDs and as usual ended up borrowing a lot more than I returned. I also went to the book sale they were having... because what I really need is more crap filling up my bags that I want to bring back!

In the end I did very little today but I watched Chinatown which I liked, mostly because it ends exactly how things would in real life... shittily but not absurdly like Requiem for a Dream or Dogville. I then watched The 7 Faces of Doctor Lao which was weird but entertaining and finally Looper... which I honestly can't decide if I like or not. I have to say that Joseph Gordon Levitt does an incredible job of mimicing a LOT of Bruce Willis' ticks, esp little smiles, the phrasing and tone of some of the lines, it really helps you buy into the loop. The subtle facial changes also help. I think that time travel is a really lousy subject for films because it is impossible for us to be able to really do it correctly with so many possibilities and theories floating around. It basically means there is always something that won't work and drop the user out of suspended disbelief. Why does Bruce not know what Joseph realizes and so stop from shooting of his own accord? Just one of many issues with it I guess. It was pretty well done for a time travel story.

No comments:

Post a Comment