Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day 46 - CHROMECAST Mother F***er!!!

Last night a few of us went to watch Pacific Rim in full glorious 2D! And I was disappointed. I was totally wowed by the graphics and the effects but the saccharine hollywood formula was so in your face that it was rivaling Avatar. A lot of logic flaws as well that didn't help it's cause. I hope there will be a 3-4hr director's cut that gives me time to give a shit about any of the characters and make it worth rewatching.

Work today was absolutely exhausting. I am making a lot of headway with the project but it is taking a lot of time to run all the queries and on top of that half the time it seems that I am working in the wrong direction. Overall I am moving forward but I am really feeling the time pressure and supporting RSO as well is adding a little to it. I am hoping to get most of the RSO stuff sorted soon but in the mean time it's full steam ahead.

I actually left the office a little early today as I realized that the chromecasts had been delivered! So I got home early to do some 'work'... this worked so well with the chromecast to help me 'focus' so at 10pm I am still querying the databases in a last ditch effort to get the work done.

So enough about work... CHROMECAST!!! HOLY FUCKING COW THIS THING IS INCREDIBLE!!! I LOVE IT! I REALLY LOVE THIS LITTLE DONGLE. Ok enough of the caps lock. Seriously, I had the whole thing from plugging in to watching YouTube in 3 minutes. Literally, I timed myself. (That time included reading all on screen instructions!). Google did a great job of Dev-proofing the whole thing with no individual instruction being more than one line of text! I mean perfect for a Dev length atten.... oh look shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment