Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day 16 - Urban Wilds


Unsurprisingly at this point I have walked a total of around 100miles around Mountain View and the surrounding area. In this time I have seen a surprising amount of wildlife. Ever since I arrived I have seen beautiful blue-green giant dragonflies as long as my spread hand flitting around campus, yesterday (while taking a scenic detour... that in no way relates to being lost) I saw some hummingbirds collecting nectar from the flowers outside on of the Google buildings and this morning I startled a black squirrel that made a mad dash up the nearest redwood. I suppose that these may not be considered more exotic here than blue tits and grey squirrels are back home but they still delighted me to encounter. Next time I will try to be faster with the mobile to grab some pics.

I am still totally stalled on the project and am really left wondering why the fuck I am even out here but I did meet a bunch of boardgamers in my office and played a game of Carcassonne that I won which was nice. I think I need to find something I can do at work when I am stalled with the project. I will speak with Swati about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment