Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 17 - Questions and Answers

I know nobody else is interested in my attempts at weight loss but I figured that I don't really care, I will write about them anyway. Surprisingly I have continued to make reasonable progress while out here. I am down to a little over 80kg from 83kg when I left the UK. I think a big part of this is MyFitnessPal which has given me a much greater insight into how I am eating. Calorie control has always been pretty easy with UP but what MyFitnessPal has really highlighted is how much sugar I eat, or rather how little sugar it takes to go over daily caps (let's say pancakes and syrup is never ok!). My protein and sodium intakes also seem to err on the high side so this is something I need to try and work on. I have meat heavy diet so it is hardly surprising that these are the areas I am overdosing in but the excess sugar was a bit of a surprise as aside from maybe a soda, I really don't have that much. One of the things that MyFitnessPal recommends is drinking 8 cups of water / day (2liters) which I have started doing as a combination of water and green tea/rooibos tea... I can't say I feel much different except I am basically now always thinking about where the bathroom is so I guess it has turned me into Godfrey from Dad's Army :-/

I have finally made a small amount of headway with the project but I still feel like I have lost a lot of ground. Hopefully I can get some results this week that will give me things to look at even if I am struggling on the technical side.

I finally watched Iron Lady tonight and it was spectacular. I had been meaning to watch it for quite a while and although it doesn't go into the details of the issues to the level I had hoped, it is superbly acted and somehow even manages to make her seem somewhat human which is a frankly miraculous feat.

No comments:

Post a Comment