Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Day 3 - Keep Calm and carry on Board Gaming

So it seems that as I carry on writing this blog, I seem to spend more time writing about what I did last night than on the day numbered. Whilst it had really been my intention to write about the day itself I think that realistically this is going to work better as I am never going to be organized enough to write this thing just before I go to bed. Hopefully this won't be the first rumblings of a slide down a slippery slope of laziness and incompetence!

Last night I headed to Mountain View Community Center after work for an evening of board gaming. These guys seem to be very EuroGame focused and after a quick warm up with On the Dot followed by the more meaty and painfully drawn out Macao. It seems these gamers are of the AP flavor...

It seems like American food has struck me... I am never gonna be able to exercise all of that off! Today the office had some early celebrations of 4th July so there was a load of Barbecued foods including Buffalo which is very tasty and turkey that was also pretty good. It seems Americans have no idea what Shepherd's Pie is however as it turned out to be some kind of baked bean goop also Cornbread is almost as disgusting as drop biscuits!

Work-wise; things are starting to get pretty intense. I have a lot to learn and it is a little overwhelming. I am trying to catch up and I am really glad for the long weekend to give me a few days to do so without feeling pressured by others.

After work I wandered into downtown Mountain View... why is it called Mountain View? What Mountain exactly does this place have a view of because I am yet to see one! Anyway I headed downtown and stumbled upon Jane's Beer Store... this place looks to be fantastic. Not a single mass produced bottle of pigswill in sight! And they have a good selection of mead (or at least mead wine!) to boot. I grabbed some Pale Ales to enjoy and headed home but I expect to be back there soon!

Well that's it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment