Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 22 - Stalled

Another day filled with frustration as I fail to get the things that I need, done. On the plus side... actually there isn't really much of a plus side. I am totally wiped at this point and I haven't even done anything. Now I am being told that in order to get the things done I need to have conversations with legal, write up documents to submit and then resubmit all the paperwork... and that's before I even get to the actual technical limitations in so far as I have no fucking clue what I am doing.

I ended up taking a walk at lunch and heading up to Crittenden for lunch at Beta C which so far seems to be the only cafe that (in my mind) reflects the cafes of other offices in that it has a selection of food without focusing on one genre or style or having specialty booths. It was nice to have a bit of a breather and some time to myself but honestly, at this point, I am really looking forward to getting home.

I guess this is all a bit of a downer. Things aren't in fact all that bad. I was able to play my first game of NetRunner this evening thanks to Vasily's excellent tuition. I enjoy the game a lot but knowing how much it is going to end up costing, I am glad Graham is the one that will be fitting the bill for this one. I will happily play it with him but I don't especially feel that I am missing out by not picking it up myself.

I finally watched Fritz Lang's M this evening as Diego was out I felt it was ok to put on something that would have been a little tough for him to follow. (Just to be clear, English is Diego's second language and whilst it is ok, he can struggle following fast speech... following fast subtitles without the speech is a bit of a challenge.)

Now back to trying to understand this project...

No comments:

Post a Comment