Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 2 - Getting gripped!

I met my flatmate, Diego, last night and we went out to grab a bite to eat at a nice 'fusion' Mexican place over on Castro Street. It was a strange place as it looked like a sports bar with big screen TVs playing soccer, baseball & basketball while serving cocktails and quality mexican food.

I am having a few realizations, none of these are really new to me but I figured I would fill some space with listing them:


  • American milk tastes like crap - I made the most perfect coffee today and it still tasted like shit. It was organic milk and everything!
  • Americans really can't do cheese - I am gonna have to remember to not order Cheese burgers while I am here.
  • Dates are really confusing MM/DD/YY is NOT natural
  • I am seriously at risk of getting run over... seriously it's as if Americans didn't know how to duel and it has screwed up everything for them ever since... YOU DRAW THE SWORD WITH YOUR RIGHT HAND THIS MEANS YOU NEED YOUR ONCOMING RIVAL ON YOUR RIGHT SO YOU DRIVE ON THE LEFT!!!
  • Beer here is mostly shit... thankfully they do craft beers in the Bay Area... still not encountered mead though.
  • People here actually DO care whether you enjoyed your meal or not... this is very strange!

Aside from these deep, meaningful and totally earth-shattering revelations, I have spent the day desperately trying to ramp up on this project and the more I discover... the more I realize I am in way over my head! I am spending the afternoon asking Tim the guru a lot of stupid questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment