Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 19 - Friday is food day

Time for another food update!

Of the 31 Cafes... I have managed to visit 10! So a good start. These are the lowest hanging fruit and I predict that the challenge will come with SFO (I am thinking two lunches on a single day), West Campus (I think this is walkable but may be better to synchronize with a morning / afternoon in this location) & The Quad (This will be the toughest and I think I will have to organize to make a few visits).

- Atom
- Baadal
- Beta
√ Backyard - In my building and specializing in Barbque (honestly it's a wonder I go anywhere else)
- BETA C
- Big Table Cafe
√ Blaze Cafe - Fresh Pizza is the focus here but it has a few other things and is always very popular
√ Charlie's Cafe - This is the original cafe of Google and it has everything from fantastic Pizza, burgers, burritos to Pho, Sushi & Indian
- Crave Cafe
- Evolution Cafe
√ GO! Cafe - This is a sandwich to order to place. I'm not a big sandwich guy but if Subway was like this, they'd be making a lot of money off of me.
√ Jia Cafe - Authentic East Asian food and REALLY good
- Long Life
- Lunch Box Cafe
√ Masa Cafe - Burritos the size of your head made exactly the way you want.
- Maverick Cafe
√ Moma Cafe - This place is the king of sandwiches, toasted, normal, sliders they are all to be found here. It also has awesome breakfasts with pancakes!
- Nourish Cafe
- Quad Halftime
- Quad Hangout
- Quad Portal
√ root Cafe - A bit of a mix, nothing special but is fairly popular
√ Slice Cafe - Some packaged sandwiches but the reason to come here are the fantastic smoothies
- Steam Cafe
- Stock Market Cafe
- Trux Cafe
- Victoria Deli Cafe
- Yoshka's Cafe (w/e)
- Left Coast Cafe (SFO)
- Warehouse6 Cafe (SFO)
√ YouTube CafĂ© (SBO) - The breakfasts are good, sadly the lunches are not!

In other news, I am starting to make painfully slow progress in my project but having a little more success at home thanks to the discovery of a few good films over the last few days (16 Candles and Drive last night as well as Iron Lady the night before) I have also started playing Evoland which I cannot recommend highly enough. This game is fantastic! It is a tounge in cheek RPG that has more geek references than even I can pick up on. Tonight I am going to another outdoor movie showing! This time: Antz. Not my fav movie but I am looking forward to it anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Are you reviewing them on Yelp or Qype or foursquare or you know... google, or anything? That would be a good project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered it but I am note really sure we should be publicizing these cafes... so I was just going to leave the info up here.

      Delete