Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 28 - Email Filtering Complete!

So today has been a really bland day. I have managed to complete my email filtering... who'd have thought that reimplementing a bunch of auto filters would take me three days of not very concerted effort to set up.

One thing that I have found rather alarming is how long food seems to last in this country. I can't be sure it is additives but I am pretty sure that Lettuce, even left in the fridge, should not be able to last a month and still be edible... and yet it was. Milk lasted nearly 3 weeks, Apples last as long as the lettuce. Things left out of the fridge seem to have a more normal shelf life but I was still surprised.

On the health front - I have been eating ok, although some rather rich food. The thing I am finding is that even though I know I am not hungry, I am still thinking about food too much. I think part of it is that every other ad you see, on TV, on signs, on the radio, everywhere is for food or drink. The UP app connectivity is also quite interesting. I have now gotten to a point where I am basically just using MyFitnessPal and Notch. Map My Fitness still makes occasional outings but frankly the synchronization is non existent and a total waste of time. IFTTT is still active and the recording my activity (basically a back up to my Google Drive) is going great. I have still not given if the opportunity to humiliate me on facebook so not experienced that side yet. MyFitnessPal's social side is great but it really needs the friends to be as active as you are... so my mission seems to be - get more people using the Jawbone...

One of the guys I know using the UP already seems to have gotten the Withings integration running so I will have to ask him more about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment